Saturday, May 10, 2008

Syrian Shoulder Shawl in Kidsilk Haze

I really loved knitting this shawl until I didn't love knitting it any longer. Does that make any sense?!!! I loathe double joins, and suck at them. I think they turned out ok, though. I should have blocked this a bit more severely but I really don't have the room to do so. I'm going to have to figure something out before the next shawl project. The bottom line is that I really love this shawl in Kidsilk. Anyway I packed it up and it is on its way to the beautiful bride for whom it is intended. I've made a knitting decision: no more gift knitting. I want to focus on improving my knitting techniques and want to knit things that I've been wanting to do for a long time. I'm going to try some Zimmermann projects starting with BSJ.



1 comment:

Jany said...

You have arrived - You are a knitting guru! Anyone who can do lace knitting with KSH is a genius......it is stupendous! And you have accomplished the goal you set when you (re)started knitting! Brilliant! (and lucky bride...:)