Sunday, December 2, 2007

Snow and Knitting - a perfect combination



I have been having a problem knitting these days. I have been reading ABOUT knitting and Christmas shopping online and have not been doing much knitting. I am hoping that in the long run, the online shopping will ultimately lead to more time for knitting.

This morning as I walked downstairs and tripped over the boxes of Christmas decorations that have to be emptied to let Leo out - there was the most beautiful sight waiting for me - SNOW! Snow is one of my favorite things in the world. So I ignored the boxes, put on a pot of coffee, fed Leo and sat down to knit. Is there anything better than knitting when it is snowing?



I have fallen in love with knitting hats. I'm going to try to knit one for each of my kids, the husband, and see about the nieces and nephews. I started working on the Koolhaas Hat pattern by Brooklyn Tweed found in the Holiday issue of Knits magazine. And here is the challenge - I have to follow a chart. OK not bad except I can't figure out what to do with the little sideways triangle that fills the part of the cable chart where the cable is twisted. Hmmmmm. I think it doesn't mean anything so I'm going to try it and see what happens. If I can't, I'm going to knit The Simplest Cap of All, a great pattern that I found on Knitting Pattern Central. It is a children's pattern but fit my 19 year old daughter. So with a few added on cast ons and another inch or so of the body, it should fit the men in my life.

1 comment:

juli said...

Ahhh, I love the brooklyn tweed hat! I've had my eye on it since he posted about it, I must see it when you finish! Can you maybe copy the pattern for me sometime?

Leo looks adorable, as always. I hope you all had a great New Year's Eve and I wish you an even better new year!