Sunday, September 9, 2007

Ramblings of a Knitting Slump

I was in such a knitting slump this week. Maybe it had something to do with going back to work after summer vacation? I lost a DP that I was using to make my socks - I searched high and low and found it in the sock book - I must have been using it as a book mark. THEN I was searching high and low for the only darning needle in the house so I could kitchener the toe - and accidentally found it in the case with my new scissors - go figure. Senile dementia. THEN I ripped the sweater that I was working on with the wool from KTKE - it was coming out too holey - that wool has some serious stretch to it. So it is in a ball. I want to make a sweater for my godchild Elise for her birthday - but I don't know her size. And my three project rule is binding me up in knots because I have two projects on the needles and I want to start a prayer shawl and a sweater and that would mean four projects - I think I have to go lie down!




Sock Notes: I have narrow feet and a high arch so I did a modification on a plain sock pattern to pull in the sagging that happens when I wear hand-knit socks. I did a panel of 2x2 ribbing on the rows immediately after the gussett on the instep stitches of the sock, 6 purl ribs, 5 knit ribs. This did a really nice job of making the sock fit snugly. It also added a bit of interest to the plain knit - although this color really doesn't need any help. These socks will be so cute with a pair of Mary Janes

2 comments:

Jany said...

This is brilliant! You can alter patterns??? I am impressed....love the colorways......and now what about the brown sweater.....smaller needles??

And let me tell you something honey, you have not seen a SLUMP until you have seen mine.....unfinished everything everywhere....at least you have a sock!

Dipsy Doodle said...

Oy! I *so* hear you! I'm also forever searching for something - anything - in this place, and it's just stunning to see where all these things turn up eventually - if they turn up at all ;)
I love the colorway of your socks, btw!