Monday, August 13, 2007

Wool Binge




This is Autumn House Farm Finnean's Rainbow in the Fox Grape colorway. I have been eyeing this yarn at Knitting to Know Ewe in Penns Park, PA for months now and I finally decided to buy it. It is so lovely - a blend of wool and rayon seed; it reminds me of ermine. I have become a fan of purple lately and this yarn combines beautiful browns and perfect shades of grape. I want to knit a jacket for myself and I want to do it in the round. I have a pattern in mind but I don't want it to look home-made. My cousin Patrice gave me the name of a woman here on SI that is a fiber arts expert who teaches knitting, spinning, etc. and will help create a pattern just for me. I'm very excited about this - my very own EZ - well you know what I mean.

2 comments:

juli said...

I loveeeeeeeee this wool! I'm sure it will knit up fabulously. Stunning!

Jany said...

I don't think I will have to wait too long to see this knit up into a gorgeous sweater--you have completed so many beautiful pieces this summer, and I think the Syrian Shawl will be finished soon (can you believe--LACE KNITTING mastered!).....are you intending to use steeks for the Autumn wool? Who is this person you found and when are you meeting with her???